METROPOLE Gestion : CSR policy on a daily basis
As a company committed to Responsible Value management and a pioneer of ESG since 2008, METROPOLE Gestion’s mission is twofold:
- our role as an investor is to encourage companies and issuers to improve over time on the three major non-financial themes: Environment / Social / Governance, as well as on the dynamics of the fight against climate change;
- our role as a responsible actor is to apply these goals to ourselves.
Therefore, METROPOLE Gestion includes environmental, social and governance issues at all levels of its organization on a daily basis.
- Environmental responsibility
The implementation of best practices within the company to protect the environment has resulted in energy and paper savings (our paper consumption has been reduced by 95% since 2018, gradual dematerialisation of meeting materials, both internal and external…), systematic recycling (paper, plastic, ink cartridges, batteries, coffee capsules, etc.), offsetting of CO2 emissions related to travel.
- Social responsibility
METROPOLE Gestion is committed to a human resources policy based on tangible factors guaranteeing absolute social responsibility. Among these factors, the quality of working conditions and, more generally, the quality of work life remain a priority:
- work ergonomics and comfort;
- daily exchanges between employees and their line managers;
- the right to disconnect;
- work-private life balance;
- monitoring of key HR indicators (turnover, number of workplace accidents, absenteeism, illness, etc.).
METROPOLE Gestion also pays particular attention to two fundamental principles during the recruitment process, namely non-discrimination and equality of opportunity (at an equivalent level of education and experience).
Job stability is a key component in METROPOLE Gestion's approach to its social responsibility.
- Responsible approach on societal issues
METROPOLE Gestion is committed to ensuring constant respect of fundamental rights.
- Gender equality (the General Management team is 50% made up of women, nearly 60% of managers are women).
- Implementation of a Charter relating to the right to disconnection and to the balance between private and family and professional life. The system also provides for exchanges between line managers and employees in this area, with the support of dedicated materials.
Executive Management, in collaboration with the Human Resources function, ensures daily compliance with the various principles set out above so that METROPOLE Gestion acts as a socially responsible company towards its employees.
- Social responsibility : METROPOLE Gestion is a fully-fledged corporate citizen
Being a committed operator has been a fundamental issue for the company since its founding. METROPOLE Gestion therefore established the following initiatives at a very early stage:
- Cultural sponsorship: METROPOLE Gestion is currently sponsoring the endowment fund of the Louvre Museum. It has also been a sponsor of the Musée des Confluences in Lyon, the Musée du Quai Branly and the Réunion des Musées Nationaux-Grand Palais.
- A founding member of the "Value and CSR" chair at the University of Clermont Auvergne: the academic collaboration with the University of Clermont Auvergne strives to provide a long-term solution to the issue of corporate social responsibility and company valuation. It has been reinforced by the launch in 2012 of the research chair in Value and Corporate Social Responsibility, of which METROPOLE Gestion is a founding partner alongside Michelin, Caisse d’Epargne d’Auvergne et Limousin and Maif, with the main objective of associating companies' market value with their socially responsible behaviour.
Our CSR policy is available on our website